Manila Cathedral, also known as “Minor Basilica de la Inmaculada Concepcion” is located in Beaterio St, Cabildo St, Intramuros. Originally known as the “Church of Manila”, Fray Juan de Vivero, who arrived in Manila Bay in 1566, established the cathedral in 1571. During World War II, the church was destroyed and damaged a few times by bombings. The present structure was finished in 1958. The cathedral was designed by Fernando Ocampo. He used elements of Renaissance, with some characteristics of Neo-Romanesque and Neo-Byzantine architecture in the design, and surrounded the main building by statues of famous saints sculpted by Italian artists.
Location: Beaterio St, Cabildo St, Intramuros, Manila, 1002 Metro Manila